Sunday, January 22, 2023

Sew Day - Tuesday 1/24/23

 Pyle Center - Globe Room - 3pm - 7:30pm

January Sew Day will focus on QOV.  You can bring your own project or work on QOV.  Following is a note from Laura May regarding Quilts of Valor National Sew Day.

Quilts of Valor’s National Sew Day is Saturday, February 4. Anyone can participate; there are prize drawings for Quilts of Valor members.  https://www.qovf.org/in-the-news/national-sew-day-registration/  

 

My original plan was to invite Quilts of Valor members to my home to cut and sew that day, but my husband’s aunt passed away and I’ll be out of town. Instead, I would like to encourage all of you to register for QOV’s National Sew Day and sew at your home instead. 

 

I have plenty of fabric. On Cactus Patcher’s Friendship Sew Day (Tuesday, Jan 24th) I’ll bring all the Quilts of Valor fabric with me to the Pyle Center (Globe Room). Bring (or borrow) a pattern , cut out your fabric, take it home and work on your quilt top on February 4th. You can bring your completed quilt top to a Cactus Patchers meeting and someone will take it home to quilt it.

 

Anyone can sign up to participate, but only current Quilts of Valor members will be eligible to win prizes (including a Janome 3160 QOV edition sewing machine). If you’re a QOV member, be sure to sign in before you register for the event.

 

If you would like to become a member of Quilts of Valor, cost is $10 for one year, when you sign up as a member of Cactus Patchers.  See Laura for details.